The PEIU is undertaking a series of Focussed Policy Assessments on key prevention and early interventions supported by public resources. The approach is to describe each intervention by following a common structure:
- Rationale for the intervention;
- Public resources provided to support the delivery of the intervention;
- Outputs and services provided; and
- Achievements of the intervention relative to its stated goal.
As a whole, this series of descriptive reports provides the evidential base for a thematic consideration of prevention and early interventions in Ireland:
- Immunisation – an intervention that seeks to produce immunity to potentially life threatening or life limiting diseases and their associated complications
PEIU FPA Series – Immunisation
- Aftercare – an intervention that supports young people in preparing to leave State care and making the transition to adulthood and independent living
PEIU FPA Series Aftercare
- Diabetic RetinaScreen – an intervention that focuses on the early detection of diabetic retinopathy, a major cause of blindness among adults in Ireland
PEIU FPA Series Diabetic RetinaScreen
As subsequent Focussed Policy Assessment are finalised, they will be uploaded to this website.